Monday, August 31, 2009

Gay Pimpin' With Jonny McGovern





There is nothing gayer. and nothing more amazing than the gay gay gay podcast, Gay Pimpin' With Jonny McGovern (and friends). Many years ago, a Mr. Keith White showed me the videos for "Soccer Practice" and "Lookin Cute, Feelin Cute" by some guy called the Gay Pimp. Needless to say, I was intrigued. Afterwards, I googled him and found a website promoting different theater projects. There must have been some sort of news update sign-up that I did, because about a year later I got an email saying he had started a podcast. I hadn't tried podcasts yet, but I was in college, the time for experimentation. I was not disappointed.

Gay Pimpin' is basically two hours of gay sex stories, gay clubbin' anecdotes, celebrity news with a gay twist, and many fish out of water tales (like when the gay pimp crew went to Six Flags). In other words, heaven on earth for me. There's nothing better than sitting on the T next to some oldie reading Ann Coulter while your headphones are blasting a discussion about how to fuck a straight guy or the usage of enemas before sex.

But my love of this podcast is not just for the dirtiest dirtiness and hilarious gay shit they put on. I also have found a second soul-mate in Transgendered Superstar, Miss Linda James. Linda is constantly referencing things I thought only I referenced, such as deep deep allusions to Full House (she sang "the dad song" one episode).

They also have a true love for two things I adore: Golden Girls and Paris is Burning (there will be a post about the latter at some point soon). Basically, it's like listening to versions of myself talk for two hours who live much gayer and more action packed lives than I do. Check it out, seriously. You will not regret it, even you straighties out there!

I'll leave you with a song for the ladies, and a dirty/hott song.

3 comments:

  1. kathy you are amazing. i have finally redeveloped my attention span to the point where i can read a blog entry that is longer than one sentence (you know like mine.) and this is what i get for payback: your mother fucking brilliance, my friend, yes your true mother fucking brilliance. fuck you. (yeah, you know what i mean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Basically, it's like listening to versions of myself talk for two hours who live much gayer and more action packed lives than I do."

    so well said, my friend, so well said!

    ReplyDelete