Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dumbledore



In honor of the half blood prince coming out (lolz) in theaters, I of course had to do a post on HP.

In a typical Kathy manner, I always assumed the majority of the characters in Harry Potter were gay. Hermione, because she's hott. Ron fo sho in a Samwise way. Mcgonagall is obv a dyke. Draco with his girly blonde locks. James and Sirius...psh... Wormtail and his blind devotion... bunch of fags and dykes all up in this British piece.

Then JK Rowling outed Dumbledore at a reading, and I was SO MAD at myself. How did I not notice the signs?!?! The seventh book was full of love letters between him and Grindelwald. I mean what else could possibly steer someone like Dumbledore in the wrong direction OTHER than infatuation and love? What kinda slashy gay am I to not pick up on these not so subtle book 7 hints?

Anyway, of course after the outing the anger began. I'm sure there were anti-hp people who were even MORE upset about the books being the antichrist, but mostly I saw real big harry potter fans getting angry. and what was the reason? this ruins Dumbledore and Harry's relationship! seriously. you really think Dumbledore was pining away for Harry, checking out how his wand looked tucked away in those robes? the reason why he was afraid to look him in the eye in book 5 was obviously not because of Voldemort, but because he might no longer be able to control himself. oh Harry, let me reach across my desk and grab that messy emo hair of yours. let our glasses hit each others as we kiss passionately. seriously? at this point we're still assuming gay men automatically wanna do it with young boys? were these people also waiting for Trelawney to seduce Seamus? and for Nearly Headless Nick to ensnare Luna Lovegood? you know why they call him nearly headless... but I digress. this has become more of a rant than a rave.

point is, I am soooo glad JK revealed dumbledore was gay. I don't care that she didn't explicitly write it in the books. and I don't care about her motivations for why she decided to answer the girl's question in that way. all I care is FUCK YEAH FAGGOTS IN HARRY POTTER.

1 comment: